With broad diversity of experience reporting to numerous senior-level executives, Rod Weiss serves as Chief-of-Staff (CoS) for C-Suite executives like Stephen Stark. Rod seeks out business leaders with big-picture vision requiring strategic progress planning needed to create dramatic new changes in business models, and important quality-of-life and care improvements. Rod enjoys influencing to unite and focus large numbers of diverse stakeholders toward progress using advanced communication techniques. After broadly serving in technology sales, marketing, public relations, product, program, and project management roles, Rod feels the role of CoS offers unique opportunities to build relationships and influence as a former high-tech recruiter and HR leader. CoS is all about juggling competing priorities and serving as proxy for the C-suite leader, serving as the prominent constant communicator needed to free-up the business leader to achieve other critical executive outcomes. Through past success getting results with boards, investors, and the whole ecosystem of vendors, often including press, officials or regulators, Rod is prepared to offer significant goal achievement success to Posit Development.
For 25 years, Rod led national and international teams creating change through digital transformation of industries such as: Transportation, Retail, Education, Construction, Law Enforcement, and Healthcare.
- Led the world’s first vehicle-based PC’s to increase efficiency and safety of airports and utilities
- Conceptualized an online staff recruitment model for sourcing quality team talent worldwide
- Innovated and delivered the first Java-based (media-rich) SAAS online skill assessment platform
- Reporting to the global chairman of a global HR services enterprise in 13 countries, Rod volunteered and led a taskforce to Beijing to explore opening new business with mainland China
- Volunteered, in behalf of the Global Chairman to join the Board of Trustees for WGU, the first competency-based online University, today’s reigning leader in online MBA’s
- While managing a national sales force for a global business productivity leader, Rod volunteered to conduct weekly online global sales training webinars to thousands of staff via desktop conferencing achieving unity and uniformity of global staff sales training in 9 countries
- Reporting to the COO, Rod became project lead for delivering the first encrypted smartphone-centric ecosystem, enabling Boeing to win the Federal 3.6B Baggage Screener Training contract
- Rod received Boeing and Siemens awards for contract risk mitigation and completion by deadline under-budget, by compressed timeframes, in spite of severe public criticism and media pressure. Over 22,000+ TSA agents were trained in 400 US Airports.
- Rod’s team success in ultimately protecting the US air travel industry, was also published by DHS as the largest workforce mobilization program in recent US history
- Improved online service and revenue from new ecosystems for CEO of a large construction firm
- Reporting to VP of Sales, introduced large healthcare clinics to the first “silent hospital” clinical informatics systems improving patient care and facility operations with partner Mayo Clinic
- While reporting directly to several university presidents, led development of critical extracurricular initiatives to prepare military and college students for lucrative jobs in robotics, electric vehicles, cleantech, energy sustainability, artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Rod partnered with business executives and IBM forming a taskforce and professional network to pilot AI-enabled educational models to serving the technology and military community
- As Chief-of-Staff to the chief science officer (CSO) Rod successfully launched in 2014 an experiential project-based innovation institute (building/testing autonomous vehicles, robotics and drones) enabling new efficiencies in healthcare, agriculture, oceanography, and healthcare.
- Orchestrated media-rich events, workshops and conferences partnering with NBC to introduce 1000+ Comic-Con attendees in a field-test of new VR content to benefit Therapeutic Medicine